A Poster Competition will be held during the summer school. Applicants to the competition must be undergraduate and/or graduate students that present their own research/thesis work on Robotics and related areas. Posters to be presented will be selected based on an extended abstract, written in English. The student must be the first author and must present the poster orally in English to the jury.
Abstracts should be written in English, limited to 3 pages (US letter size). Abstracts must include the following sections:
- 1. Introduction.
- 2. Methods.
- 3. Results.
- 4. Discussion.
- 5. Conclusion.
Affiliation should include the name of the student participating in the competition, and the name of the co-authors. Submit a PDF file to Dr. Pablo Zegers (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please, when mailing use as subject "[PosterCompetition_RAS_SummerSchool2012]".
- Application deadline (extended):
October 31st, 2012.November 15th, 2012
- Decision notification (extended):
November 7th, 2012.November 22th, 2012
The following information should aid you in planning for your Poster Presentation during the Summer School.
- All illustrations and lettering should be prepared beforehand. The poster display is not to be solely the extended abstract pinned to the poster board.
- The title of the presentation in full and the names of all authors should appear at the top of the display. Lettering for this information should be no less than 48 points for the title and slightly smaller for the authors' names. The subheading should not be less than 20 points.
- Suggested size of your poster is A0, portrait format: 840 mm/33" wide by 1188/47" high, the maximum size of the board is 950 mm/37" wide by 1200/47" high.
- A color poster size A0 (84cm x 118cm) in bond paper costs about $14.000 + IVA per meter and in glossy paper $26.000 +IVA at Maxhuber (Phone: 396 3000, Santiago; web: Maxhuber).
- A CD with the poster is recommended Freehand or equivalent (adobe Illustrator) should be provided.
Posters will be selected based on the quality of the extended abstract. The decision notification will be send by electronic mail. A committee of three experts will evaluate the posters and assign the first, second and third places.
The IEEE RAS Summer School Program will fund travel grants for international students.
Travel Grants Program Purpose: To provide support for students attending the summer school.
Award: Each Student Travel Grant Award is $850 for international students, and USD$425 for international students from neighbor countries. The local organization will cover the registration fees of all international students.
Eligibility: To qualify for consideration the student must:
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student,
- Submit an extended abstract of a research work to be finally presented in poster format at the summer school,
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae,
- Be a IEEE RAS member (not mandatory).
- The scientific quality of the submitted abstract,
- The candidate previous achievements,
- The content of the recommendation letter,
- In case of candidates with similar evaluation, the following criteria will be used: the affiliation of the candidate to the IEEE RAS, and the aim of supporting students from a wide number of countries.
- Application deadline: October 31st, 2012.
- Decision notification: November 7th, 2012.